It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Where are the Elvis fans in Fife???
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:20 pm 

Or may'be that should be are there still any Elvis fans in Fife?

It seems like we're either getting thinner on the ground, which I doubt or we're just keeping a lower profile.

Right now there's nothing advertised anywhere in the Kingdom but I know there's still an active interest, I've a mate who works in the Rothes Halls in Glenrothes, who tells me that they still get frequent enquiries on when the Elvis tribute show will be back in town, talking of that show, the last time it played Dunfermline, there was a cracking turnout, now that wasn't just folks from out of town (though there were a few who came along) but more locals, so where is everyone?

I joined here through an invite from Lesley who helms Elvis Central in Falkirk, there's a dance organised every month and though I've missed the last few through work (grrrr!) it's a really good night and well worth going along to, in fact that's the reason for this discussion, you cant tell me that even a small group of fans couldn't be organised and even the odd function put on now and then somewhere in Fife?!?

There was once a thriving network some years ago but now nothing, we even had OEPFC branch recognition but now that's gone as well, I'm considering applying myself but it's going to have to be something that's going to get support or what's the point of trying if no one is interested.

Personally I don't believe that's the case and I'm looking for you to prove me right, C'mon Fifers, show your support for the main man and lets get things moving, I'll be posting this on as many forums, boards, social networking sites and online fan clubs, so please get in touch, to quote Elvis himself, "I need all the help I can get!"

Post any replies here, or if you prefer just e-mail me direct p_devaney@sky.com, let me know if you're interested or even if you're a fan from elsewhere then any info on even places to post would be very welcome and appreciated,

Best Wishes Everyone and thanks in advance for any help and support,

Pete.

Post subject: Re: Where are the Elvis fans in Fife???
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:52 pm 

Hello and welcome Peter, best of luck in finding many more Fifers :D 8-)
Cheers
TheKing